When Slip-And-Fall Injuries Occur On Public Or Private Property

When accidents happen on another’s property, people do not always realize that they have the right to do something about it. But people have more options than they think. Washington state law provides protections for people who are hurt on property owned by businesses and individuals.

If you have been injured in a private home, apartment complex, condominium complex, hotel, motel, mall, store, parking lot or on a city sidewalk, you may be able to take legal action. I am attorney Jack Peterson, and I can help. As an experienced Vancouver slip-and-fall attorney, I represent clients throughout southwest Washington in premises liability claims of all types, including:

  • Slip-and-falls
  • Trip and falls
  • Security problems, often called “negligent security”
  • Animal attacks
  • Injuries in pools or on diving boards
  • School and day care injuries

The Law On Premises Liability

Property owners have a duty to protect others from harm on their property. The nature of this duty is complex and often depends on why the personal injury victim was on the property. For example, a property owner’s duty to a trespasser may not be the same as his duty to a household guest or a customer at his store.

Other factors also influence the outcome of property injury cases. Judges and juries often consider evidence regarding whether a dangerous condition was known to the property owner, and whether the owner did anything to fix the problem. Some of the most serious injuries occur when the problem was obvious to the property owner, but the owner did nothing to fix it or warn others.

Contact A Stevenson Premises Liability Attorney

When you have been injured on another’s property and you think that the property owner may be to blame, talking to a lawyer is your best option. I am attorney Jack Peterson, and my goal is to give you straightforward advice about the best course of action. I can help you make an educated decision about your premises liability case, and I will take action to vigorously protect your rights.

Contact me today by calling 360-859-5297. Initial consultations are free and confidential.